The KL Bar Information Technology and Publications Committee (ITPC) will be organising a one-day Conference on 26 November 2013. The Conference will cover practical legal issues for start-ups with a particular emphasis on the emerging issues such as intellectual property, personal data protection and social media. The purpose is to provide the participants with the basic knowledge on essential legal issues for startups. Startups are highly encouraged to attend this Conference.
The details of the conference are as follows:
Date : 26 November 2013
Time : 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Place : KL Bar Auditorium, 10th Floor, Wisma Kraftangan, No.9 Jalan Tun Perak, 50050, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
– Incorporating a company: Choosing the Right Legal Entity by Sharin Kaur Veriah and Goh May Woei (Shook Lin & Bok)
– Recognising your Intellectual Property and Protecting your Rights by Janet Toh Yoong San and Tamara Lee Ciai (Shearn Delamore & Co.)
– Introduction to Cyber laws in Malaysia by Adlin binti Abdul Majid (Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill)
– Personal Data Protection Act 2010: How to Prepare Yourself by Professor Abu Bakar Munir (University Malaya)
– E-commerce Taxation Laws by Siti Fatimah binti Mohd Shahrom (Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill)
RM100.00 per participant
Only 120 Seats Available. Click here for more information.