KLBC ITC Legal Tech Forum: Bringing Lawyers and Technology Together on 19 January 2016
The KLBC Information Technology Committee will be organising a one-day Legal-Tech Forum on Tuesday, 19 January 2016 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at the KL Bar Auditorium, 4th Floor, Wisma Hangsam, No.1 Jalan Hang Lekir, 50000 Kuala Lumpur.
Lawyers and technology have become undeniably intertwined as the legal marketplace becomes more competitive. We would like to bring together skills from the legal and tech fields to share their knowledge with us on how lawyers will modernize their firms in 2016.
The Forum will cover practical legal-tech issues and inform and educate lawyers on technology and innovation for the legal field. The purpose is to provide the participants with the knowledge on essential legal-tech issues as well as introducing tools and ways which can be used by lawyers for efficiency, improving client service, as well as just keeping up with the times.
Speakers are Edmund Bon Tai Soon, Fahri Azzat, Richard Wee Thiam Seng, Jason Kay and Mohd Izzat Ghazali (Gizzat).
Certain tech startups will also provide a short introduction of their services and how their services can assist lawyers in their practice.
Participating legal tech startups
– Be Lazee – making commerce conversational again with concierge and on-demand services.(http://www.bemalas.com/)
– BurgieLaw – to A calendar module software to schedule an appointment with lawyers. (http://www.burgielaw.com/)
– Firegent – an easy way to automatically identify, sort and extract data from documents to create reports, charts, perform – analysis and retrieve them quickly. (http://firegent.com/)
– GiveReceipt – a web app that lets you quickly create and send out e-receipts to your customers. (http://www.givereceipt.com/)
– Intelllex – a productivity suite for lawyers. Its core technology is an intelligent search engine. Other features include a law notes taking application and a knowledge management application. (https://www.facebook.com/intelllex/)
Office Parrots – a career platform for young lawyers to find out more about firms they can work with and to bring transparency to the market. (http://www.officeparrots.com/)
– ZeptoExpress – an online platform to get dispatch services in real time.
– SecondCRM – How Business Automation Improves Client Services for your Law Practice. (http://www.secondcrm.com/)
To register, please visit here